The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a healthcare facility that integrates subspecialty medical care, clinical pharmacy services, and care coordination for patients with pediatric and congenital disorders. Our unified care process assures timely and thorough evaluations and treatments for patients who need subspecialty services. Our commitment to service assures patients, referring providers, payers, and vendors unhindered access to our providers and staff. We believe open and frequent communication combined with an integrated specialty care model will optimize quality, safety, service, outcomes, and cost for subspecialty medical and pharmaceutical care in Mississippi.
Your responsibilities as a Pediatric Dietitian include the following:
- Provides nutrition services and therapy for MCAM’s pediatric healthy weight program along with support for other subspecialties.
- Works with patient families on an achievable nutrition goals dependent on child’s medical diagnosis, needs and plan of care.
- Offers nutrition counseling to help maintain and improve child’s nutrition and health.
- Identifies and provides age-specific nutrition counseling to meet the cultural needs of the patients and their families.
- Provides a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality and patient satisfaction improvement.
- Develops a professional and knowledgeable team approach to each new subspecialty service or program.
- Dedication to patient care and occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Provides patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexibility when working with children; making them feel safe and well cared for.
- Documents patient encounters in the patient’s electronic health record by entering new information as it becomes available.
- Participates in outreach clinics in Oxford, Ruleville, McComb and Hattiesburg as needed and possible future locations.
- Position will be flexible in working at various Madison-based offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient family rapport and build relationships.
- Dietitian experience required, pediatric dietitian experience strongly preferred.
- Strong end-user computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is required.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. Participation in the organization’s health insurance plan (including dental and vision insurance), FSA, 401K, and long-term disability insurance are included. MCAM provides fifteen days of paid time off per year plus eleven paid holidays.
Interested candidates may send their resume to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine