PRN Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer
The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a healthcare facility that integrates subspecialty medical care, clinical pharmacy services, and care coordination for patients with pediatric and congenital disorders. Our unified care process assures timely and thorough evaluations and treatments for patients who need subspecialty services. Our commitment to service assures patients, referring providers, payers, and vendors unhindered access to our providers and staff. We believe open and frequent communication combined with an integrated specialty care model will optimize quality, safety, service, outcomes, and cost for subspecialty medical and pharmaceutical care in Mississippi.
Your responsibilities as a Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer include the following:
- Provides ultrasounds and care coordination for high-risk obstetrical patients provided in conjunction with Dr. Bean, sonographers, nursing and front office staff.
- Provides quality care in a culturally appropriate, compassionate way for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Obtains prior authorizations for patient care as needed.
- Works to proactively schedule patients for follow up visits/studies and schedule new patients.
- Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality improvement.
- Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexible in approach when working with maternal fetal medicine patients.
- Actively monitors billing and coding functions for the Center.
- Assist in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members.
- Obtains consent to treatment and properly documents patient encounters.
- Helps to coordinate patient care with the Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist, nurse, the care coordinator, pharmacist and other members of the care team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/Radiological Technologist required.
- Ultrasound experience required/Maternal Fetal Medicine experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Strong end-user computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. This is a PRN position but participation in the 401k plan with company matching is included for this position.
Interested candidates may reach out to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President of Business Development
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine