The Mississippi Center for Advanced is now accepting applications for a fulltime (12 month) 4th year Pediatric Audiology Externship. The Division of Pediatric Audiology at MCAM provides comprehensive diagnostic assessments and treatments for children with confirmed and suspected hearing disorders. We utilize an evidenced-based family centered approach to hearing healthcare.
Early diagnosis and intervention for children with a hearing disorder is imperative to their language development. Audiological services should be sought when a child or newborn does not pass a hearing screening, is delayed or suspected of being delayed in their speech and language development, or simply exhibits behaviors that raise concerns for a potential hearing issue.
About: The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a healthcare facility in Madison, Mississippi that integrates subspecialty medical care, clinical pharmacy services and care coordination for patients with pediatric, congenital disorders, and maternal fetal disorders. Our unified care process assures timely and thorough evaluations and treatments for patients who need subspecialty care. Our commitment to service assures patients, referring providers, payers, and vendors unhindered access to our providers and staff. We believe open and frequent communication combined with an integrated subspecialty care model will optimize quality, safety, service, outcomes, and cost for subspecialty medical and pharmaceutical care in our area.
Coordinated Care Model: The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine offers a patient-centered treatment team that includes subspecialty physicians, clinical pharmacy, nursing, and social work/care coordination to ensure the patient and family have all of the resources necessary to navigate complex medical processes and insure the best possible outcomes.
MCAM is currently based in Madison, Mississippi with satellite offices in Tupelo, Mississippi and Slidell, Louisiana. Madison has been named the best place to live, best place to raise a family and the safest city in Mississippi. It leads the state in all socio-economic categories and well exceeds national averages for per capita income, median family income, median home value, and educational levels.
This pediatric 4th year placement involves serving children birth to 21 years of age. This position will allow for training in traditional diagnostics (VRA, CPA, Standard), amplification, electrophysical testing (sedated and natural sleep), implantable technologies, and Auditory Processing Disorder.
- Rising 4th year AuD student at an accredited program.
- Passion for caring for children with audiological conditions.
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Selected applicant is required to receive Covid-19 vaccination(s) before starting at MCAM.
- Providing a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Dedication to patient care.
- Providing patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexibility when working with children; making them feel safe and well cared for.
- Properly documents patient encounters in the patient’s electronic health record by entering new information as it becomes available.
- Possible participation in outreach clinics.
- Join a growing group of pediatric subspecialists including:
- Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Audiology
- Pediatric and Fetal Cardiology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Hematology
- Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine
- Pediatric Neuromuscular Medicine
- Pediatric Obesity Medicine
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Pain
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Child Psychology
- Child Psychiatry
- Positive and supportive work environment.
- Innovative pediatric care model.
- Clinical and other research opportunities available.
- Great work life balance.
- CME funding provided.
- Paid professional liability insurance.
- Full competitive benefits package offered – BCBS health and vision insurance FSA, 401K, and long-term disability coverage.
Highly competitive compensation is available for this position. Interested candidates may send their resume, graduate transcripts (unofficial is acceptable), two references, and a letter of interest to:
Victoria Kivlan, AuD, CCC-A
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine