The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is seeking a Pediatric Urgent Care Physician to join our expanding multi-specialty pediatric group. MCAM is a new healthcare facility in Madison, Mississippi, that integrates subspecialty medical care, clinical pharmacy services and care coordination for patients with pediatric, maternal fetal and congenital disorders. The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine is currently based in Madison, Mississippi and we are actively exploring the development of a pediatric urgent care clinic in the city of Jackson (twenty minutes from Madison). Clinic will primarily focus on caring for the underserved communities throughout the city of Jackson and Hinds County. Madison has been named the best place to live, best place to raise a family and the safest city in Mississippi. Opportunity Highlights:
- Join a growing group of pediatric subspecialists to help establish the only freestanding pediatric entity in the state:
- Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Audiology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Hematology
- Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine
- Pediatric Mental Health Therapy
- Pediatric Neuromuscular Medicine
- Pediatric Metabolic Medicine
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Pediatric Pain
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric Speech Language Pathology
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Great work life balance
- Strong collaboration with Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, Mississippi's best hospital
- Excellent quality of life in Madison, #1 place to live, work and raise a family in Mississippi
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Educational and research opportunities available in innovative care models
- Program development, administrative, and clinical duties
- CME funding provided for 1-2 conferences per year
- Full competitive benefits package offered
Consistently works to exemplify the mission, vision, and values of the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine in professional performance and through service and leadership to patients and their families. Will provide pediatric urgent care services at MCAM’s developing urgent care clinic.
- Provides culturally appropriate, compassionate care for patients and their families. Position will provide primary physician coverage at MCAM’s urgent care facility.
- The urgent care clinic will be based on a team approach where physician and the care team will work hand in hand together and support each other.
- Will work on clinic flow and throughput, effectively balancing patient experience, quality, operational and financial goals.
- Cares compassionately for patients, demonstrates empathy and patience, and builds a strong relationship with families to be able to advocate for them.
- Will happily provide the same level of expert care to all children regardless of ability to pay, gender, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation or background.
- Works in a detailed oriented way; prioritizing patient care.
- Assists in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members. Supports learners who may rotate in the clinic.
- Helps coordinate admissions to the hospital or referrals to subspecialists if needed.
- Provides patient education as necessary and works to ensure feedback is given back to the child’s primary care provider. If a PCP is not established, will work to help the family establish one who accepts their insurance.
- Helps non-adherent patients to get back on track with clinic visits and medication adherence.
- Advocates for the child’s healthcare needs and communicates with their care team.
- Demonstrates a patient family centered approach to patient care.
- Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Properly documents patient encounters in a timely manner.
- Flexible in approach when working with pediatric patients, works diligently to make them feel safe and well cared for.
- Follows ChildKind best practices regarding pain assessment, prevention, management, and documentation. Works to minimize procedure related discomfort (e.g. needle sticks).
- Mississippi medical license or ability to obtain one.
- Board certification/eligibility in general pediatrics.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to manage priorities, interact with patients and staff effectively.
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to anticipate what is needed to care for patients with complex disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Strong end-user computer skills.
- All MCAM employees are required to get an annual flu vaccine.
- All MCAM employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to beginning employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive compensation is available for this position and will be commensurate with experience. Full benefit eligibility including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, long-term disability, and 401k participation.
Interested candidates may reach out to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine