Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a pediatric subspecialty group with 13 different specialists in 10 different areas. Primarily based in Madison, MS, MCAM-Tupelo offers pediatric endocrinology care. This position is considered a utility position and depending on the area of greatest needs will assist the pediatric endocrinologist and other staff with patient check in, triaging phone calls, rooming patients, getting vital signs, and completing blood draws for patients with a willing and positive attitude to help.
Consistently works to exemplify the mission, vision, values and customer service approach of the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine in professional performance and through service and leadership to other employees, providers and others who the Nurse comes into contact with.
Strives to focus on customer service, quality and gaining additional expertise in other pediatric medical and surgical service lines. Serves patient families by coordinating their patient care at MCAM and beyond. Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn new medical and administrative skills.
1) Licensed Practical Nurse certification
2) Phlebotomy certification
3) Must have experience obtaining blood draws for pediatric patients
1) Provides culturally appropriate, compassionate care for patients and their families.
2) Demonstrates a customer service minded approach to patient care.
3) Obtains prior authorizations for patient visits as needed.
4) Works to proactively schedule patients for follow up visits and schedule new patients as needed.
5) Rooms patients and obtains vital signs.
6) Draws blood on pediatric patients.
7) Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality improvement.
8) Position will develop a professional and knowledgeable team approach to each new service line opportunity.
9) Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
10) Demonstrates patience and empathy when caring for patients.
11) Flexible in approach when working with children, works diligently to make them feel safe and well cared for.
12) Actively monitors billing and coding functions for the MCAM.
13) Assist in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members.
14) Obtains consent to treatment and properly documents patient encounters.
15) Helps to coordinate patient care with the endocrinologist, the care coordinator, pharmacist, and other members of the care team.
16) Assists in outreach clinics for other MCAM providers for the North Mississippi market.
Interested candidates may send their resume to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer