Consistently works to exemplify the mission, vision, values and customer service approach of the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine in professional performance and through service and leadership to other employees, providers and others who the Sonographer comes into contact with.
Strives to focus on customer service, quality and gaining additional expertise within maternal fetal medicine and other MCAM service lines. Serves maternal fetal medicine patient families by coordinating their patient care at MCAM and beyond. Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn new medical and administrative skills.
Your responsibilities as a Maternal Fetal Medicine Sonographer include the following:
- Provides ultrasounds and care coordination for high-risk obstetrical patients provided in conjunction with the physicians, sonographers, nursing and front office staff.
- Provides quality care in a culturally appropriate, compassionate way for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Obtains prior authorizations for patient care as needed.
- Works to proactively schedule patients for follow up visits/studies and schedule new patients.
- Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality improvement.
- Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexible in approach when working with maternal fetal medicine patients.
- Actively monitors billing and coding functions for the Center.
- Assist in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members.
- Obtains consent to treatment and properly documents patient encounters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/Radiological Technologist required.
- Ultrasound experience required.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine experience preferred.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination required to begin employment. Annual flu shot is also required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Strong end-user computer skills
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. This position offers full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, long term disability, paid time off and paid holidays.
Interested candidates may reach out to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine