Patient Services Representative – Madison Offices
The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine is seeking to hire a Patient Services Representative.
About: The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a healthcare facility that integrates subspecialty care, clinical pharmacy services, clinical research, and care coordination for patients in Mississippi. Our unified care process assures timely and thorough evaluations and treatments for patients who need subspecialty services. Our commitment to service assures patients, referring providers, payers, and vendors unhindered access to our providers and staff. We believe open and frequent communication combined with an integrated specialty care model will optimize quality, safety, service, outcomes, and cost for subspecialty care in Mississippi.
Coordinated Care Model: The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine offers a patient and family centered care team that includes sub-specialty physicians, clinical pharmacists, specialty nursing, social work/care coordination services, patient service representatives, support staff and financial services to ensure the patient and family have all the resources necessary to navigate complex medical processes and to deliver the best possible outcomes.
The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine is a 25-provider predominately pediatric subspecialty practice based in Madison, Mississippi with satellite offices in Tupelo and Slidell, LA. MCAM offers outreach clinics in Columbus, Hattiesburg, McComb, Oxford, Ruleville and Southaven, Mississippi.
Your responsibilities as Patient Services Representative include the following:
- Orienting and educating patients and their families upon arrival; patient check-in, check-out, collection of co-payments, patient call backs and reminder calls as needed, working through insurance issues including prior authorizations and assistance with credentialing.
- Providing a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Providing feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality and patient satisfaction improvement.
- Developing a professional and knowledgeable team approach to each new subspecialty service or program.
- Dedication to patient care and occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Providing patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexibility when working with children; making them feel safe and well cared for.
- Documenting patient encounters in the patient’s electronic health record by entering new information as it becomes available.
- Serving as administrative support for project work and scheduling for the physician and executive team.
- Participation in outreach clinics as needed and possible future locations.
- Position will be flexible in working at various Madison-based offices.
- Follows ChildKind best practices regarding pain assessment, prevention, management, and documentation. Works to minimize procedure related discomfort (e.g. needle sticks).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Medical office experience preferred.
- Strong end-user computer skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- All MCAM employees are required to get an annual flu vaccine.
- All MCAM employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to beginning employment according to CDC guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. Participation in the organization’s health insurance plan (including dental and vision insurance), and long term disability insurance are included. MCAM provides twenty days of paid time off per year plus ten paid holidays.
Interested candidates may send their resume to Jordan Robinson, COO, at: [email protected]