The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a healthcare facility that integrates subspecialty medical care, clinical pharmacy services, and care coordination for patients with pediatric and congenital disorders. Our unified care process assures timely and thorough evaluations and treatments for patients who need subspecialty services. Our commitment to service assures patients, referring providers, payers, and vendors unhindered access to our providers and staff. We believe open and frequent communication combined with an integrated specialty care model will optimize quality, safety, service, outcomes, and cost for subspecialty medical and pharmaceutical care in Mississippi.
Your responsibilities as Patient Services Representative include the following:
- Orienting and educating patients and their families upon arrival; patient check-in, check-out, collection of co-payments, patient call backs and reminder calls as needed, working through insurance issues including prior authorizations and assistance with credentialing.
- Providing a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Providing feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality and patient satisfaction improvement.
- Developing a professional and knowledgeable team approach to each new subspecialty service or program.
- Dedication to patient care and occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Providing patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexibility when working with children; making them feel safe and well cared for.
- Documenting patient encounters in the patient’s electronic health record by entering new information as it becomes available.
- Serving as administrative support for project work and scheduling for the physician and executive team.
- Position will primarily work out of the Tupelo office serving Pediatric Endocrinology patients.
- Participation in outreach clinics in Oxford and Ruleville as needed and possible future locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Medical office experience preferred.
- Strong end-user computer skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. Participation in the organization’s health insurance plan (including dental and vision insurance), and long term disability insurance are included. MCAM provides fifteen days of paid time off per year plus eleven paid holidays.
Interested candidates should email their resume to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine