Pediatric Endocrinology Registered Nurse Job Description (Tupelo)
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a pediatric subspecialty group with 13 different specialists in 10 different areas. Primarily based in Madison, MS, MCAM-Tupelo offers pediatric endocrinology care. This position will serve as the primary nursing support for the pediatric endocrinologist. Assisting the physician with patient care, answering patient family calls, rooming patients, completing blood draws and coordinating their endocrinology care.
Consistently works to exemplify the mission, vision, values and customer service approach of the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine in professional performance and through service and leadership to other employees, providers and others who the Nurse comes into contact with.
Strives to focus on customer service, quality and gaining additional expertise in other pediatric medical and surgical service lines. Serves patient families by coordinating their patient care at MCAM and beyond. Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn new medical and administrative skills.
- Registered Nurse certification
- Must have experience obtaining blood draws for pediatric patients
- BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) strongly preferred
- Pediatric nursing experience strongly preferred
- Provides culturally appropriate, compassionate care for patients and their families.
- Serves as primary nursing support for the pediatric endocrinologist and patient base.
- Develops deep nursing expertise in pediatric endocrinology.
- Demonstrates a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Obtains prior authorizations for patient medications/visits as needed.
- Actively monitors billing and coding functions for the Center.
- Assists in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members.
- Obtains consent to treatment and properly documents patient encounters.
- Rooms patients and obtains vital signs.
- Draws blood on pediatric patients.
- Strong organizational and team building skills.
- Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality improvement.
- Position will develop a professional and knowledgeable team approach to each new service line opportunity.
- Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Flexible in approach when working with children, works diligently to make them feel safe and well cared for.
- Helps to coordinate patient care with the endocrinologist, the care coordinator, pharmacist, and other members of the care team.
Assists in outreach clinics for other MCAM providers for the North Mississippi market.
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine