Will serve as the Radiological Technician and pediatric medical assistant for the pediatric orthopedic surgery program. Will be responsible for taking x-rays, rooming patients and making sure clinic runs efficiently.
Consistently works to exemplify the mission, vision, values and customer service approach of the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine in professional performance and through service and leadership to other employees, providers and others who the X-Ray Technician comes into contact with.
Strives to focus on customer service, quality and gaining additional expertise within pediatric orthopedic surgery and other MCAM service lines. Serves patient families by coordinating their patient care at MCAM and beyond. Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn new medical and administrative skills.
- Provides culturally appropriate, compassionate care for patients and their families.
- Works closely with Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon to take x-rays, triage patients, and coordinate their care.
- Obtains vital signs including patient blood pressures.
- Calls patient families as needed.
- Calls to request records and/or lab results from referring providers.
- Calls to confirm appointments and check to ensure family has received and completed intake paperwork.
- Call to follow-up on acute situations.
- Demonstrates a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality improvement.
- Obtains prior authorizations for patient visits as needed.
- Schedules follow up visits as needed.
- Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Assists in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members.
- Properly documents patient encounters.
- Flexible in approach when working with patients, works diligently to make them feel safe and well cared for.
- Mississippi Radiologic Technologist certificate required
- Experience in pediatric settings is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to anticipate what is needed next to run efficient clinics.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Strong end-user computer skills
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. Full benefit eligibility including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, long-term disability and 401k participation.
Interested candidates may send their resume and statement of interest to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine