Position Summary and Essential Functions
As a pharmacy technician you would work under the direct supervision and mentorship of a pharmacist as part of a team to ensure patients receive specialty medications in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: accurately entering prescription information, contacting patients for timely refills and arranging delivery or pickup, filling prescriptions, preparing orders for pickup or delivery, inventory maintenance, resolving insurance issues, assisting with prior authorization, helping walk-in customers, helping maintain a clean working environment, and performing cash register transactions utilizing excellent customer service skills at all times.
• Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications.
• Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone, answering questions and requests, and referring inquiries to the pharmacist as appropriate.
• Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs.
• Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
• Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
• Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
• Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Provides culturally appropriate, compassionate care for patients and their families.
• Flexible in approach when working with children, works diligently to make them feel safe and well cared for.
• Quality Patient Care: Creates a culture of patient care, safety, and accuracy. Ensures others are held accountable for following standard operating procedures (SOP) and achieving expected quality and patient safety goals. Through regular patient counseling, analyzes and identifies areas of improvement needed and implements intervention steps to improve team knowledge and focus on patient safety and risk reduction. Promotes reporting and transparency of errors whether actual or patient perceived. Writes timely and effective plans of action focused on correction of root cause.
• Ethics and Compliance: Model ethics and compliance. Creates and fosters an environment of health care compliance execution. Implements compliance initiatives and monitors compliance execution by others. Ensures appropriate operational execution, HIPAA compliance adherence and SOP.
• Patient Centered: Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of patients. Address concerns and issues of patients and use patient data analyses and insights to improve patient related decisions.
• Adaptability: Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one’s area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
Mississippi Pharmacy Technician Registration/License required prior to start date
Must pass background check and drug screen prior to start date
Verifiable high school diploma or GED is required
Interested candidates may send their resume to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer