It’s Friday night and your child has severe diarrhea or stomach pain. What can you do to help them find relief? Instead of waiting for hours and paying high emergency room fees, you wonder if you can go to your local pediatric walk-in clinic in Jackson, MS. In many cases, the answer is yes!
The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine is a great option if your child has any of the following, or similar symptoms (or when you feel uneasy about their condition and need answers fast):
- Your child has a fever and cold symptoms that are getting worse.
- Your child is pulling at their ears, potentially indicating an ear infection.
- You notice your child has a painful sore throat.
- You suspect pink eye due to red, swollen eyes and discharge.
- Your child is throwing up and/or has diarrhea.
In many of the cases above and similar scenarios, we can provide the necessary care at our children’s walk-in clinic in Jackson, MS, for children ages 19 and under. However, if your child has been in a serious accident, is bleeding profusely, or has a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
What Conditions Are Treated at a Pediatric Walk-In Clinic in Jackson, MS?
Pediatric acute care delivers fast care for illnesses and ailments. Our board-certified pediatricians provide acute care for the following symptoms and issues:
- Asthma attacks: We are equipped to alleviate the effects of asthma and help your child breathe a little easier.
- Infections, including ear and throat infections causing significant distress.
- Minor to moderate injuries from sports and falls
- Unexplained pain of all types
- Broken bones
- A fever that doesn’t abate
- Cuts and burns
- Rashes, minor allergic reactions, poison ivy
Why Choose Pediatric Walk-In Clinic Care?
It takes special training and knowledge to diagnose health concerns for infants and toddlers. Children and young adults undergo rapid body changes and aren’t always comfortable talking about their health. We have kind, knowledgeable, and patient pediatricians with plenty of experience putting children at ease and helping them communicate their needs. We work to stabilize the patient and treat the source of the pain and discomfort.
At Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine, we offer extended hours to give you more options for care at our children’s walk-in clinic in Jackson, MS. Contact us today to learn more about our services.