Will serve as a pediatric registered nurse for the Pediatric Urgent Care by MCAM clinic in Jackson, MS. Will be responsible for rooming patients and making sure clinics run efficiently. Position will work 3-4 split working three days one week and four days the next. Position will also provide the candidate with 7 days where they are off out of each 14 day period. Clinic will open from 8 AM – 8 PM Monday – Friday and 12 PM – 8 PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
Consistently works to exemplify the mission, vision, values and customer service approach of the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine in professional performance and through service and leadership to other employees, providers and others who the RN comes into contact with.
Strives to focus on customer service, quality and gaining additional expertise within pediatric urgent care and other MCAM service lines. Serves patient families by coordinating their patient care at MCAM and beyond. Consistently demonstrates a desire to learn new medical and administrative skills.
- Provides culturally appropriate, compassionate care for patients and their families.
- Works closely with the Pediatric Urgent Care physician to triage patients, draw blood and coordinate their care.
- Coordinates care and providers oversight of clinical processes.
- Obtains vital signs including patient blood pressures.
- Calls patient families to communicate lab results.
- Calls to request records and/or lab results from referring providers.
- Calls to confirm appointments and check to ensure family has received and completed intake paperwork.
- Call to follow-up on acute situations.
- Email resources to families.
- Reviews referrals as needed.
- Demonstrates a customer service minded approach to patient care.
- Provides feedback to providers and the care team regarding quality improvement.
- Obtains prior authorizations for patient visits as needed.
- Schedules follow up visits as needed.
- Dedicated to patient care and will occasionally work long hours if needed.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy when caring for patients.
- Assists in the orientation of clinical and non-clinical staff members.
- Properly documents patient encounters.
- Flexible in approach when working with patients, works diligently to make them feel safe and well cared for.
- Follows ChildKind best practices regarding pain assessment, prevention, management, and documentation. Works to minimize procedure related discomfort (e.g. needle sticks).
- Registered Nurse certification
- Experience in pediatric settings is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to anticipate what is needed next to run efficient clinics.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient/customer rapport and build relationships.
- Strong end-user computer skills
- All MCAM employees are required to get an annual flu vaccine.
- All MCAM employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to beginning employment according to CDC guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. Full benefit eligibility including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, long-term disability and 401k participation.
Interested candidates may send their resume and statement of interest to:
Jordan Robinson, JD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine