The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine is seeking to hire a Board Eligible/Board Certified Pediatric Rheumatologist.
About: The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine (MCAM) is a new healthcare facility in Madison, Mississippi, that integrates subspecialty medical care, clinical pharmacy services and care coordination for patients with pediatric and congenital disorders. Our unified care process assures timely and thorough evaluations and treatments for patients who need subspecialty services. Our commitment to service assures patients, referring providers, payers, and vendors unhindered access to our providers and staff. We believe open and frequent communication combined with an integrated specialty care model will optimize quality, safety, service, outcomes, and cost for subspecialty medical and pharmaceutical care in our area.
Coordinated Care Model: The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine offers a patient-centered treatment team that includes specialty physicians, clinical pharmacy, nursing, and social work/care coordination to ensure the patient and family have all of the resources necessary to navigate complex medical processes and insure the best possible outcomes.
MCAM is currently based in Madison, Mississippi and we are actively exploring the development of additional space as the organization continues to grow and expand. Madison has been named the best place to live, best place to raise a family and the safest city in Mississippi. It leads the state in all socio-economic categories and well exceeds national averages for per capita income, median family income, median home value, and educational levels.
- Join a growing group of pediatric subspecialists to help establish the only freestanding pediatric entity in the state, existing services include:
- Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric and Fetal Cardiology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Hematology
- Pediatric Neurology/Neuromuscular Medicine
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Established pediatric rheumatology patient base.
- Strong outpatient emphasis.
- Positive and supportive work environment.
- Educational opportunities (teaching medical students and other health care professionals). We have a strong collaboration with William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Clinical adjunct faculty appointments are commensurate with curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Research opportunities available in innovative care models.
- The multidisciplinary Rheumatology team is supported by nurses, social workers, clinical pharmacists and an infusion center.
- Minimal call, great work life balance.
- CME funding provided.
- Paid time off including 11 paid holidays.
- Full competitive benefits package offered – BCBS health and vision insurance (paid for in full for the physician), FSA, vision insurance, 401K, long-term disability coverage.
This position would also allow the candidate to provide outreach clinics in the Mississippi Delta, which is one of the most medically underserved regions in the United States, as well as North and South Mississippi.
MCAM is working to create a network of pediatric medical and surgical specialists within the framework of a private practice setting. Highly competitive compensation is available for this position. Interested candidates may reach out to: