Most people are not likely to know about and understand how rheumatic diseases develop. Some of these conditions are quite rare and complex. If your child is referred to the Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine for pediatric rheumatology diagnosis and treatment, you’ll receive care from distinguished physicians specializing in autoimmune and similar disorders.
Our pediatric rheumatologist is here to inspire hope and help your family get to the bottom of symptoms such as the following:
- Joint pain: This is the most common symptom of juvenile rheumatic conditions. The pain could be isolated or widespread, mild or severe, and frequent or intermittent.
- Joint swelling: Visible swelling sometimes accompanies joint pain in rheumatic illnesses.
- Joint stiffness: This is more commonly seen in adults but does sometimes present in children.
- Rash: Some rheumatic conditions cause unusual rashes that can show up anywhere on the body.
- Fever and fatigue: If your child has a rheumatic condition, it can sometimes result in a fever and chronic tiredness.
- Eye inflammation: Rheumatic conditions may cause eye redness, pain, and light sensitivity.
- Heart problems: Certain rheumatic conditions can cause inflammation of the heart muscle or lining, and heart valve problems.
What Is Pediatric Rheumatology?
Pediatric rheumatic problems can affect kids of all ages. While researchers are still looking for definitive causes for these diseases, we don’t always know what triggers your child’s auto immune system to attack various parts of their body.
Pediatric rheumatologists care for children with rheumatic diseases. Some of the conditions they treat include juvenile idiopathic arthritis (immune system attacks the joints and other areas), vasculitis (inflamed blood vessels), and infection-related auto-immune diseases, among other rheumatic disorders. At Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine, we treat an array of rheumatic symptoms and conditions, with a focus on improving your child’s quality of life.
What Are the Benefits of Pediatric Rheumatology?
Here are some of the advantages of booking a consultation with the specialists on our pediatric rheumatology team:
- Early diagnosis: We carefully select our pediatric rheumatologists to make sure your child receives the care, compassion, and help they deserve. Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent a lifetime of complications.
- Qualified expertise: Our pediatric rheumatologists go through specialized training regarding the body’s response to autoimmune disorders.
- Multi-disciplinary approach: We often work with other healthcare professionals, such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, and nutritionists to provide comprehensive care for your child.
- Support and education for the whole family: Pediatric rheumatologists can help families understand the child’s condition and how to manage it.
Why Choose Our Pediatric Rheumatologists?
Our specialists are among the best in the country, conducting groundbreaking research to innovate new therapies. We strive to meet the unique needs of each child with rheumatic illnesses. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, our team may consult other pediatricians, social workers, and family members to help your child.
The Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine strives to give you the answers you deserve regarding pediatric rheumatology and related conditions. Contact us today to schedule time with a knowledgeable pediatric rheumatologist.